Friday, June 25, 2010

Toy Library helping local school

State schools in Paraguay, due to the limited government funding they are given, have very few educational rescources, games and toys. (Photo of classroom below) Teachers need to make or buy their own resources which is not easy on their low wage.


For this reason we decided to offer the Toy Library to the children from the local school in Quyquyho. The teachers are delighted but it is nothing compared to the reaction of the children who are so excited about coming they count the days to their next visit! (Photos below) Around 100 children, from Reception to Year 3, are visiting every month. One teacher commented: "Children learn best through play but I have nothing like this in my classroom. I try to make my own resources but it is not enough. This is just what my children need. We can't wait to come on Fridays!"








No comments: